Saturday, March 21, 2009

Updates on Alema Tachibana and PaiPai Falemalu

About how he's been trying to gain weight, but he's still at the 200 pounds that he played at as a Kahuku senior, Alema Tachibana said:
"I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, proteins. It's not working." (HA)

About trying to get his weight up, Tachibana (who is competing at DE even though he's at 200 pounds now) said:
"I want to get up to 220." (HA)

HA Note: "But the coaches note that Melila Purcell III and Ikaika Alama-Francis both weighed about 205 when they first joined the UH football team. Both filled out, and both are now in the NFL."

About other Warriors who were able to gain weight and make it into the NFL, Tachibana said:
"There's hope." (HA)

About how his recovery from right shoulder surgery has gone well but he'll be restricted during spring practice (he can compete in agility drills and light weight lifting), Paipai said:
"I'll just run and learn my plays." (HA)

About how he suffered his shoulder injury (diagnosed with a torn labrum) initially in high school, Paipai said:
"I thought it was a little sore, but I kept playing. When I got here, they told me I tore something." (HA)

HA Note: "Falemalu, who weighed 215 at Kahuku, is now up to 242. He said he hopes to tone up, but not necessarily drop a lot of weight, this summer."

No comments:

Post a Comment