Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Other quotes from the local papers

About how SJSU had to rescind his scholarship due to APR losses after he had turned down a UH offer, Calvin Roberts (who eventually got another offer from UH) said:
"There are no hard feelings. I ended up here. This is what the man upstairs wanted me to do." (HA)

About how UH went to the Sugar Bowl and won the WAC last year while SJSU was 5-7, Robert said:
"I've got the ring." (HA)

About his great respect for Coach Tomey, who was the head coach of his hometown Arizona Wildcats throughout his childhood, Tyler said:
"I've known Dick Tomey for half my life, ever since I was about 10 years old. And he's a really good friend of one of my best buddies' dad. He's a good family friend too, my grandma knows him. He's just a great guy, great coach. He's just like Coach (Greg McMackin), he cares about you as a person before he cares about you as a football player." (HSB)

HSB Note: "Graunke attended the same high school, Salpointe Catholic, as Tomey's children."

Happy to be able to try some long-distance kicks at the end of yesterday's practice, Dan Kelly said:
"I need the work, I need the reps, now more than ever. It's more than usual, but it's nothing we can't handle and it's actually kind of nice." (HSB)

HSB Note: "The senior, who has started 1-for-4 on field goals this season, went 5-for-7 at the Manoa grass practice field. He was 2-for-2 from 47 yards, 2-for-3 from 52, 1-for-1 from 57 and was short and to the right on his 62-yard final blast as teammates chanted his name."

About his miss on the 62-yard final kick, Kelly said it was:
"Into the wind." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment