Thursday, May 1, 2008

UH and KKEA agree upon radio deal

About how they want to sign the radio and TV deals at the same time, JD said:
"We have talked to the current contractor in radio and come to an agreement in principle. But we don't want to sign anything, pending the television deal being completed." (HSB)

"How the TV (negotiations) go could dramatically change the value of the radio contract." (HA)

About the TV and radio negotiations, JD said:
"There were two projects (TV and radio) I had to get done in my first 30 to 90 days. I'm satisfied with the progress we've made on both sides -- I'll just leave it at that." (HSB)

About how they have been talking with current TV broadcaster KHNL/KFVE and PPV service provider Oceanic Time Warner Cable, JD said:
"We've had several discussions with them individually and together, and I think things are progressing well. It's just that I'm on the mainland for about the next eight days." (HSB)

"Negotiations are still in progress. I'm hopeful there is an end in sight." (HA)

Asked if another 3-party contract would be beneficial, JD said:
"Suffice it to say I think I'm doing what's in the best interest of the UH athletic department. At the same time, I realize there's partnerships out there, and of course our fans. But first and foremost, my goal is to do what's in the best interest of the UH athletic department." (HSB)

HA Note: "UH received approximately $330,000 per year for the current three-year radio deal that expires in June and was guaranteed $1.75 million from KFVE, its TV partner. UH shares in pay-per-view revenue with KFVE and Oceanic, earning an additional $794,000 for its slice of PPV in 2007."

No comments:

Post a Comment