Thursday, February 21, 2008

Warriors arrive at the combine

About how it was cold when they arrived in Indianapolis for the combine, RGM said:
"It's cold, bro. It's like 17 (degrees). It's definitely not 80 degrees, like Hawai'i." (HA)

About how it is cold, Colt said:
"Whoever decides to come here, better pack some warm clothes. It's definitely chilly." (HA)

RGM said that he has sprinted well in workouts, but:
"those are just workouts." (HA)

"I know how fast I can run. I'm not going to say anything. I'm going to wait, and let everybody see for themselves." (HA)

HA Note: "Bess has been praised for his first-step quickness and sure hands."

About how the importance of his 40-yard time, Bess said:
"I have to run a good 40. That's the only knock right now. I have to run a good 40, and put it in God's hands after that." (HA)

"I'm not really a 40 dude. When I'm on the field, I like to think nobody can catch me. But I'm not the guy who can stand on a line, and just get up and go." (HA)

HA Note: "Bess said he has worked on improving his lower-body strength. He has been doing one-legged squats and leg presses."

HA Note: "Brennan said he has been told the NFL is interested in two areas: his weight and passing skills. Because of a stomach-flu-like ailment, the 6-foot-2 1/2 Brennan dropped to 185 pounds. He has told friends he now weighs 200."

About how he'll participate only in the passing drills, Colt said:
"That's what they want to see." (HA)

HA Note: "Brennan said he suffered a hip-pointer in the Jan. 1 Sugar Bowl. That led to tightness in his hamstring. Because of those injuries, he was not able to properly train for the sprints. He said he is 100 percent physically. He plans to run the 40-yard dash and pro-shuttle runs at UH's Pro Day April 1 in Carson, Calif."

No comments:

Post a Comment