Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Colt interviewed by the Dallas Morning News

Asked about the possibility that he'll be a backup QB for awhile in the NFL, Colt said:
"I'm just ready for whatever comes my way. At 24, I'm ready to go and play right now. I feel like I'm mentally ready. And the last couple of months have been about getting physically ready. I just know that a lot of kids that are physically ready have trouble getting mentally ready, but I know I'm fine mentally. If I need to sit, though, then that will make me that much better. If that's the case, then that's the case and I'm ready to do it." (DMN)

DMN Note: "There's no questioning his production on the college level, and even though it might help him on the pro level (see: system quarterback), he was quick to credit the offense June Jones ran at Hawaii and will now run down the street from here at SMU."

About how JJ's offense is hard for defenses to stop, Colt said:
"One thing is you don't see that offense a lot. It's hard to gameplan and get ready for his offense, because it's something new, it's something everyone's not used to. I think if he gets the recruits he wants and the support he wants, and it all goes with the recruits, if he gets the right recruits, he'll win right away." (DMN)

About what SMU is getting in JJ, Colt said:
"They're getting a great offense and a coach that prides himself in taking programs that have been dismantled and building them and taking them to a whole new level. I know he's real serious and real adamant about letting those kids know that they can compete and play with the big boys right away. He did a great job at Hawaii, and he'll do similar things at SMU, you could be looking at some great things there (at SMU)." (DMN)

No comments:

Post a Comment