Saturday, October 27, 2007

John Estes was featured by the Rimington Report

About starting at center this year (he was the starting RG last year), Estes said:
"The first couple games I was so worried about the calls, worried about the snap that I wasn't thinking about the guy I had to block. Now it all comes natural." (HA)


About how they had to replace 3 OL starters this season, OL coach Dennis McKnight said:
"We lost three seniors, three starters, and all three are in the NFL right now. We had big shoes to fill, and June felt John was a natural to move over there and anchor down the center of the line." (HA)


About how started at center in high school, Estes said:
"I wouldn't say (the transition) was really difficult. At St . Mary's we were in the (shot)gun a lot. And, I learned from the best center in the nation last year." (HA)


Praising Estes' play at center, McKnight said:
"He's getting better and better with each game. It's a different technique; the guy is close to you; you're making the calls and playing a shotgun." (HA)


About how he used to dream about playing college football but he now dreams of the NFL, Estes said:
"My dream in high school was just to play college football. Now my dream is to play in the NFL. I'm not thinking about the NFL now. I still have a lot of work to do." (HA)

No comments:

Post a Comment