Monday, July 30, 2007

Quotes about Chad Owens

http://sports.tbo.com/sports/MGBS1O59Q4F.html

About the uphill battle he has to make the Bucs, Chad Owens said:
"I've had to work hard my whole life. Nothing was ever given to me. I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me because I'm not the only guy who had to do it this way. There are free agents who have come in and ended up being superstars.

I had an opportunity to walk onto Hawaii, play in front of my friends and family, and when I got an opportunity to play, I made the best of it, excelled, and the rest is history. Here I am in the same boat." (TBO)


About how Chad wasn't well known to many from his UH days, Gruden said:
"He's from the University of Hawaii, so a lot of us haven't seen them. We were in bed when they played." (TBO)


About how he hasn't been able to duplicate his college performance in the NFL, Owens said:
"I really don't have the answer to that. It just comes down to making the best of your opportunities. I got a new opportunity here, and I'm definitely going to make the best of it. I can tell you that. I'm just excited and trying to get back to my form.

I don't think I ever really lost anything I had. Unfortunately, things happen in life, but it's up to you to respond. Some people crawl into a shell and give up, but I'm not one of those guys. I'm going to be working until I die." (TBO)

TBO Note: "Through three days of practice, Gruden has been impressed by Owens. Gruden said Owens' problem in Jacksonville was he dropped too many passes, but is excited about his potential on special teams with him possibly evolving into a third-down receiver.

Owens admits he dropped passes, but said catching has never been a problem. His biggest concern is grabbing an opportunity to become a key contributor this year."


About the importance of preseason to him, Owens said:
"For a lot of the vets, preseason is kind of like, 'Ah, let's just get through this already. Let's get the regular season started.' For me, it's a game. A chance to get out there and prove myself. To show these fans what I can do, and give myself an opportunity to make this team and be able to help during the season." (TBO)

No comments:

Post a Comment