Sunday, May 13, 2007

Quotes from Nate after the draft

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/eaglesQuotesDetail.jsp?id=68112

Asked how the 2 days since the draft have been for him, Nate said:
"Exciting, sort of mixed emotions. It's been kind of crazy, but now it's all worth it that I've gotten an opportunity." (philadelphiaeagles.com, from now on I'll say PE.com)


Asked if he knew before the draft that Philly was interested in him, Nate said:
"Yes. I met with them at the combine. I felt like I put my best foot forward through my interviews with them. I thought they were interested in the things I was saying, and I thought they were great as far as scouts go, too. They were asking the right questions, kind of figuring me out, and I was able to answer all their questions. So from there I felt kind of good about them." (PE.com)


Asked where he watched the draft, Nate said:
"I was staying over here at my parents house in Kailua, Hawaii." (PE.com)


Asked what time the Eagles called him to let him know they were drafting him, Nate said:
"Probably about 12:00 noon." (PE.com)


Asked if the Eagles had talked with him about how he fit into their offense, Nate said:
"No, not really. But I've been able to watch the Eagles play, and I always felt it was a good fit for me at Philadelphia because of the things [RB Brian] Westbrook is able to do - catch the ball out of the backfield and line up between tackles as well. I always thought that was a good fit for me." (PE.com)


Asked if Philly's offense was comparable to JJ's run-and-shoot, Nate said:
"No, I don't think anybody runs the stuff we run here. The type of formations that Philadelphia runs and the things that they use, as far as their running backs go, kind of compare to what we do here. Somebody as versatile as Westbrook is, they like to utilize him in so many different ways, and that's the same case here in Hawaii." (PE.com)


Asked what time it was in Hawaii, Nate said:
"12:19 pm." (PE.com)

Note: Can't the Philly reporters look at their clocks and subtract 6 from the hour number?


Asked why he went to Virginia for high school and UH for college, Nate said:
"My dad was in the military, so basically I lived all over as a little kid. I was born in Oakland, lived in Hawaii, California, Utah, Oklahoma, and Missouri. I finished high school in Virginia. Then my dad got stationed in Hawaii again before I finished high school, so I stayed in Virginia and finished my senior year [there]. My dad was stationed in Hawaii, and I felt like it would be good to play in front of family some more, and also the same offense I ran in high school was over here with coach Jones, so it was a good fit for me." (PE.com)


Asked how difficult it was to move around so much growing up, Nate said:
"It was difficult, but I always felt it helped me adapting to new areas, especially if you're going to college all the way across the country. I was able to adapt well to my surroundings. That was one thing that was big, that was key for me throughout moving as a military child. It was hard losing friends growing up, especially when I started playing football in Oklahoma and Missouri. I was leaving friends that I played football with and that's real close ties out there. Still today, I have close ties with people in those states." (PE.com)


Asked what he knew about Philly, Nate said:
"I've been there one time for an Army-Navy game. I was in Virginia and my dad and I drove up to watch the game up there, and that's about the only time I've been to Philly. Other than that, I know it's a great city to play football, so I couldn't ask for anything better than that." (PE.com)


Asked what branch of the Armed Forces his Dad is in, Nate said:
"He was in the Marines. He's been retired for about three years now." (PE.com)


Asked how to pronounce his name, Nate said:
"ee-LOW-uhh." (PE.com)


Asked how he got his nickname, Nate said:
"Actually, it was a nickname I got from one of my brothers while we were growing up. It's from the movie called 'Half Baked,' and there's a character called 'Nasti Nate' on it, and they used to make fun of me about it just because the character was real goofy in the movie. And then somehow it got to the football field, and it carried from Virginia all the way to Hawaii, which was pretty cool, but I was pretty much known as 'Nasti Nate' now out here on the island." (PE.com)


Asked if his nickname was more about his running style, Nate said:
"Yeah, and I know it's a character off of a movie, but it's for my running style." (PE.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment