Sunday, May 13, 2007

Interview with Leonard Peters from JetNation

http://www.jetnation.com/?p=938#more-938

Asked about his tatoos, LP said:
"I started researching my family history. Each design on my arm is a family generation in my group, so each symbol had a family name to it." (JetNation)


Asked what he took from the minicamp, LP said:
"The speed and the tempo is a notch up in the NFL from college. It is also a great opportunity. Who thought a guy from a small island in Hawaii would come in and try out for the Jets? I am just grateful for the opportunity." (JN)


Asked about not being drafted, LP said:
"I heard everything about the draft, but to me it wouldn’t matter where I went. I am just grateful that I am here now and that I got the opportunity to come out here and run around with some of the top guys in the nation." (JN)


Asked what he can do now to ensure a roster spot, LP said:
"If we’re here, they’ve done enough research on us to know what we can do. Being here, we have to try to learn the plays and formations and stuff like that. The thing we can do is try to show how bad we want it and give effort." (JN)


Asked about the possibility he could be released, LP said:
"You can get let go any time, any day. They don’t have to have a reason. I’m going by the hour. I’m enjoying everything. I look at my name on the locker and on our helmets and stuff like that. I am just enjoying the whole situation." (JN)


Asked how the Jets contacted him after the draft, LP said:
"They were good about calling me and asking me if I wanted to play football for them. For me, I just thought it was a great opportunity with a great organization, a great place to come in and try out." (JN)


Asked about learning the plays, LP said:
"Like any team, they have a lot of things that you have to adjust to, so I am just trying my best." (JN)


Asked what it is like to have a coach yell at him, LP said:
"It’s good. You take it as a positive. If they yell at you it means they care about you a lot. I take it as a positive." (JN)


Asked about his possible performance in the rookie talent show (the NY papers have been talking about looking forward to his fire dancing), LP said:
"I have to make it through the day. Who’s to say I’ll make it to the rookie show? Like I said, I just go hour by hour. If the coaches call you up into the office, then you’re done. I’m just trying to enjoy the experience and try my hardest." (JN)


Asked if the other rookies knew that he danced, LP said:
"I’m sure they don’t know. It’s a good thing they don’t." (JN)

No comments:

Post a Comment