Monday, May 14, 2007

Quotes from Leonard Peters

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2007/May/14/br/br5126948073.html

Showing off the huge scar that covered his right bicep, LP said:
"There's worse. The skin didn't melt. If the skin melted, it would be bad." (AP)


Happy to have a shot with the Jets, LP said:
"Who thought a guy from a small island in Hawaii would come in and try out for the Jets? I am just grateful for the opportunity." (AP)


About his hair and comparisons to Polamalu, LP said:
"Having a Polynesian background, it has always been a warriorlike thing to grow your hair. I don't know about comparing me to Troy Polamalu because he is one of the greatest players, but I am glad to just try to make the team." (AP)


About spending time with Polamalu when he was in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl, LP said:
"I actually walked around with him and his wife for two days straight and got to know him and pick his mind about things. He is a great guy and an inspiration." (AP)


About his respect for LP, Jets coach Mangini said:
"When I was watching tape of Hawaii, there were a lot of big hits and he's involved with them. The most impressive thing about him was in sitting down with the other players, how they constantly reference back to him, his qualities and what he meant to that team. That was probably what moved me most in terms of him as a person is how many other people were talking about him, because he's a very humble guy by nature." (AP)


Not minding his coaches yelling at him, LP said:
"If they yell at you, it means they care about you a lot. I take it as a positive." (AP)


About how even experienced fire knife dancers get injured, LP said:
"It does not matter how many times you spin the knife, the best dancers in the world get bruises and scratches from it. It is the nature of the business, just like football." (AP)


Not thinking ahead to the rookie talent show, LP said:
"I just go hour by hour. If the coaches call you up into the office, then you are done. I am just trying to enjoy the experience and try my hardest." (AP)

No comments:

Post a Comment