Sunday, May 27, 2007

Quotes about Nate and Tony Hunt

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=69941

About his friendship with Hunt (Philly's 3rd round pick at RB), Nate said:
"He's a cool cat. We had a mutual friendship through my cousin (who has since transferred to Hawaii) and getting to meet him at the Combine was cool. Now, we always talk. We talk about football, kind of try to motivate each other and learn this offense together.

It's good to have somebody go through the same process as you. This can be a real lonely time for a lot of people if you don't have somebody you know in that position. Fortunately, we kind of have each other and we can talk through things and go over things and compare our thoughts toward the playbook." (Philadelphiaeagles.com)

Note: I believe Nate's cousin is Amani Purcell. It is such a small world when Hunt was a roommate with Amani and then gets drafted by the same time as Nate!


About how he doesn't know anyone in Philly outside of the Eagles, Nate said:
"I love it. There is so much to learn. That is what you do every day -- you learn. Then you take it outside and see if you have learned well. It can be a nerve-wracking time, but it's been good. Tony is in the same situation, so we have a lot to talk about. He's a good roommate, a quiet guy. I know it has been great for me so far and I'm sure he feels the same way." (PE.com)


About rooming with Nate, Hunt said:
"We're kind of stuck together with a playbook to learn. We're partners in that way, so it is good to go through that with Nate. If we have any questions, we can talk about it with each other. Nate is a cool guy and a good roommate. He is the guy I compare things with. Two weeks ago, I didn't know anything at that camp (post-draft). I feel like I've already learned a lot, and so has Nate. It's football, when you come right down to it. We have to go out there and play football." (PE.com)


About how he and Hunt work together, Nate said:
"I think that kind of thing makes you better. I know what I have to do to play my best football and so does Tony. If we can help each other, that's fine with me." (PE.com)

2 comments:

  1. Great find Garret. Let's hope they both can make the team together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's another one with more quotes from nate:

    http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=70036

    ReplyDelete