Monday, May 14, 2007

Quotes about Miami's 4 Samoan rookies

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2007/May/14/br/br0936715482.html

Happy they have 4 Samoan rookies, Reagan said:
"It's awesome. You couldn't ask for a better deal. The Dolphins, they did a great job with that one, I'll tell you that. We're going to bring something different this year." (Florida Today)


About how their 4 Samoan rookies are different, but share important characteristics, Cam Cameron said:
"They are all different, their families are different -- but what we have seen in these guys is that spirit, that spirit of enthusiasm, that pride. They are very prideful people. When they step on the football field, they know they represent someone bigger than themselves and that's important." (FT)


Proud to represent Hawaii, Samson said:
"We represent the whole Samoan culture. Now, we've got to represent the whole state of Hawaii. I'm proud to be from Hawaii. I'll represent it as (best) as I can." (FT)


About his long hair, which has not been cut since he entered UH in 2002, Samson said:
"I got pulled on a couple of times last year and I got (ticked) off. They call me Samson, but I'm like the Hulk. They pull my hair, I get angry." (FT)


About head-butting through the drywall on the YouTube video, Tala said:
"They were going to bust it down, so I was like, 'OK, may as well try to bust my head through this wall, see if I can do it.' " (FT)


About how he then ran through the wall on the YouTube video, Reagan said:
"I didn't have to upstage him. We were trying to break the wall down. We were throwing baseballs through it, medicine balls through it ... Tala put his head through it. I was like, 'I've got to do more than that.' " (FT)

FT Note: "Mauia, a former nose tackle who once weighed 380 pounds, is now a 6-foot, 270-pound fullback who has a chance to back up starter Cory Schlesinger. The Dolphins love the way he blocks and also that he can be an effective pass catcher out of the backfield.

Satele and Esera are both pushing for playing time on an offensive line that is still undergoing a restructuring. Soliai (6-4, 344) also is seen as a possible backup to veteran nose tackle Keith Traylor."


Hoping they set an example for their team to bond as a family, Tala said:
"Hopefully, (our teammates) get a feel for how close we are. Polynesians, we're very family oriented. Hopefully, guys can see that and it will rub off a little bit." (FT)

No comments:

Post a Comment