Sunday, January 30, 2011

Kendrick Van Ackeren so far prefers UH's scholarship offer to Washington's grayshirt offer, specifically citing positive UH blog and message board messages

ST = Seattle Times

About how he enjoyed his visit to Washington over the weekend, Kendrick Van Ackeren said:
"It was good. I had a good time. It was pretty chill." (ST)


About how he's still committed to UH despite the grayshirt offer from Washington that he got during his recruiting visit, Van Ackeren said:
"Right now, I don't think it did. Obviously I have a couple of days to think about it a little bit more. Right now I think I'm going to stick with my decision." (ST)


About how the UH blogs and message boards were happy when he committed to UH, Van Ackeren said:
"I definitely appreciate what they (Hawaii) offered me. But, more than that, it's the feel I got from them. I feel the love from down there. Even though I'm not there yet, through the blogs and things like that, I can see that they really want me." (ST)


About how he's going to finalize his decision over the next few days, Van Ackeren said:
"The next couple of days I'm just going to relax and think about it, sit down with my mom a little bit, sit down with my coaches a little bit and just go over the details and make sure that I'm making the right decision." (ST)


http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/highschoolsportsblog/2014085927_bellevues_kendrick_van_ackeren_1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment