Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ijumaa Armstrong committed to the Warriors

About his commitment to UH, Ijumaa Armstrong said:
"I just love it out there - the coaches, the people, the atmosphere, everything. The coaches are very welcoming. You feel you're part of something special down there." (HSA)

"I love the coaches and the program. I really like Coach (Brian) Smith, Coach (Rich) Miano and Coach (Greg McMackin)." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Armstrong said he is 5 feet 11 and 180 pounds. He said he ran 40 yards in 4.48 seconds during a Culver City combine, and is capable of bench-pressing 275 pounds. He played receiver and cornerback at Culver City, but projects to compete at cornerback, safety or quarter (nickelback) for the Warriors."


About how he began skateboarding in the 7th grade, Armstrong said:
"I picked up a board one day, and started cruising. One day , I jumped on it, and figured out I could do tricks." (HSA)


About how he hikes difficult trails such as in the Santa Monica Mountains and the Kenneth Hahn State Recreation Area, Armstrong said:
"I like the challenge. People say they're afraid of heights. I was scared of heights when I was young. Hiking is a way to conquer that fear. I like challenges." (HSA)


About going surfing with Rich Miano during his recruiting visit, Armstrong said:
"I was kind of scared at first. I went out there, and I fell a couple of times. I got the hang of it. Then I was riding the wave. It was a lot of fun. They took a couple of photos. I can't wait to try again." (HSA)

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20110118_Defensive_back_coming_to_UH.html

No comments:

Post a Comment