Thursday, October 21, 2010

Other Warrior Quotes (Salas was the first Warrior receiver to earn a perfect score in a game this season)

About being the first UH receiver to earn a perfect score this season, catching all 11 passes where he was the primary receiver in the Nevada game, Greg Salas said:
"I have to give credit to Mo for putting it on the money and giving me the opportunity. The o-line, too, for giving me the time. They did a great job." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Salas entered that game having caught 72.5 percent of the passes when he was primary receiver -- a statistic that is impacted by deflections, tips, errant passes and drops."


About the screen play where he curls into the flat and follows Pilares' lead block, Salas said:
"I just have to read which way (Pilares) is blocking. I know he's going to do a good job kicking it out one way or another. I have to read that, make my move, and run. It's pretty easy." (HSA)


About how he their throws into the flat to be "long handoffs", Rolo said:
"As long as we're accurate on the throw, and he gets a block, we'll get a lot of yards." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Against Nevada, Salas' yards-after-catch average was 11.0."


About the big play in the 4th quarter where Moniz escape a Moch sack attempt and got him the ball downfield, Salas said:
"I saw when he was getting sacked, he was not going to look (toward the original route). I did my best to break away and get into his vision. I started waving my hand. There was a lot of open field out there. It worked out good." (HSA)


About escaping the sack attempt and getting the ball to Salas, Moniz said:
"It was one of those throws. You can't really practice that. You don't practice throwing off balance. You just throw. And Greg has a knack of getting open when the original play breaks down." (HSA)


About reserving 72 tickets for family and friends attending the Utah State game, Lewis Walker (who was raised in Salt Lake City, about 90 miles from Utah State) said:
"It's exciting to get back home and really play in front of my family and friends." (HSA)


About his family getting to see him play, Walker (UH's only player from the state of Utah) said:
"My family will be happy seeing me on the field. They're happy that I'm doing something I love to do at the next level. I'm happy to be at a university and playing football." (HSA)


About replacing Geordon Hanohano (injured knee) on their travel roster, David Hafoka said:
"Now it's my turn to help out the team." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Offensive tackle Clayton Laurel also was added to the travel roster as insurance. Right tackle Laupepa Letuli is day-to-day because of a sprained right ankle. If Letuli is limited, then Kainoa LaCount will open at right tackle."

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20101021_Salas_earns_perfect_mark.html

No comments:

Post a Comment