Friday, October 29, 2010

Greg Salas was invited to the Senior Bowl!

About how the Senior Bowl is the most important event for draft prospects, Mouse Davis said:
"The Senior Bowl is probably the most-scouted event by the NFL." (HSA)

"They bring them in, they weigh them, they time them, they measure them." (HSA)


About the importance of the Senior Bowl, Mack said:
"That's the bowl where the top 100 guys in the country go to. It's the NFL's national convention. Every NFL coach and administrator and trainer will be there. It's a great opportunity for him." (HSA)


HSA Note: "The game is secondary to the preceding days of interviews and skills tests."


About how he was flattered to receive the Senior Bowl invitation Salas said:
"It's nice to know that hard work is paying off, and people are noticing me." (HSA)

HSA Note: "Salas leads the nation in receptions (70), and is second in receiving yards per game (133.50)."


About the importance to UH for Salas to be invited to the Senior Bowl, Miano said:
"Just getting Greg in (to the Senior Bowl) is big for our program. We're very excited about that." (HSA)


About how people don't realize how hard he works, Greg Salas said that many people:
"probably look at me and don't think I play football by the way I act. I'm friendly. I like to have fun and make jokes. I think they notice when I play football, I change. I'm not that same happy-go-lucky kid." (HSA)


About how he has remained in Hawaii the past 2 summers instead of training in Chino, CA, Salas said:
"I know that what I've done back home I can do here. Not only that, I can get the chemistry down with all of the receivers and the quarterbacks. I can be a leader and teach some of the younger players what I already know, and continue to get better myself." (HSA)


Rich Miano said that a Baltimore Ravens scout said that Rodney Bradley:
"can get behind (defensive backs) and has good hands." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Miano said the Ravens envision Pilares as a possession receiver similar to Wes Welker of the New England Patriots and Jordan Shipley of the Cincinnati Bengals."


About how Salas, Pilares, and Bradley will get NFL shots, Miano said:
"All three of those guys will have legitimate opportunities." (HSA)


http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20101029_Salas_gets_an_invitation_to_the_Senior_Bowl.html

No comments:

Post a Comment