Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Davone Bess is thankful the Miami Dolphins believed in him and that his hard work has paid off

SFSS = South Florida Sun-Sentinel


About getting his new contract that includes a $3 million signing bonus, Davone Bess said:
"This is definitely exciting. I think people forget that it's been a long journey for me." (SFSS)


SFSS Note: "Hawaii was one of the few teams who recruited Bess because of legal troubles he had in high school. He rewarded them by helping Rainbow Warriors get to the Sugar Bowl.  The Dolphins were one of the few NFL teams that seriously pursued him after the draft despite his slow 40-yard dash time. He rewarded them by quickly blossoming into one of the league's elite slot receivers."


About the satisfaction he gets from knowing that his hard work, sacrifice, and dedication has paid off, Bess said:
"I think I get satisfaction in knowing that I accomplished something. Obviously the money is good, and to have the security from a family standpoint is good. But knowing that all the hard work I put in, the sacrifices and dedication, the determination I put in; everything I wanted to do, everything I mapped out to do came through.  I'm thankful. I like the group of guys I'm around. I like the potential of this organization and team. I'm a part of an offense. We have a bunch of young players here and the sky is the limit. They believed in me and that goes a long way." (SFSS)


SFSS Note: "Despite the new money, Bess said his approach won't change. He still plans to be the first player on the practice field, and one of the last off it."


http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/10/davone-bess-thanks-dolphins-for-believing-in-him.html

No comments:

Post a Comment