Thursday, September 30, 2010

Feature on Sol "Aluminum" Elimimian

VS = Vancouver Sun


About how broadcasters and P.A. announcers keep messing up his name, Solomon "Aluminum" Elimimian said:
"On, that's standard. My name has been slaughtered since I started playing football. So I don't mind that. It's one of those things where you take the good with the bad." (VS)


VS Note: "Twelve games into his rookie season, Elimimian has been bad in a very good way, establishing himself as one of the most ferocious hitters in the CFL. He plays fearlessly and recklessly, indeed without concern for his personal safety. Cory Body knows. The Argonauts' feature back is still trying to clear the cobwebs from a hit that Elimimian delivered on him in a Sept. 11 game at BC Place."


About how he hits hard on defense, Elimimian said:
"I thank God for the passion I have. I've been blessed with that attribute. I love this game and I respect it. Playing linebacker, you have to be very aggressive. And there are times when you'll get hit. But you always have to have the mentality of punishing the ballcarrier." (VS)


Praising his DL after his 11 tackles and a sack after their win on Saturday, Elimimian said:
"I've been blessed to play behind a great defensive line. In the Calgary game, Keron [Williams], [Khalif] Mitchell, J.B. [Jonathan Brown] and B.J. [Brent Johnson] played a tremendous game. They were really the stars. Keron initiated the sack on Henry. I just finished it." (VS)


Comparing Sol to one of the best LBs he ever coached (Alondra Johnson), head coach Wally Buono said:
"A.J. used to hit everybody, whether you were on his team or not, and Solomon is a hitter in the same mold. A.J.'s attitude was infectious. We needed that. And Solomon has that. He's part of a good young core on defence meshing very nicely with our veteran players." (VS)


About how they have 4 other excellent rookies on their team, Buono said:
"To me, the top rookie will surface in the next six games." (VS)


http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Soloman+Aluminum+shines+Lions+defence/3600196/story.html#ixzz111bhbtbK

No comments:

Post a Comment