Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Davone Bess cut short a phone interview to help people involved with an auto accident

MH = Miami Herald
PFT = Pro Football Talk


MH Note: "This morning on the Jorge Sedano Show on 790 The Ticket we had Dolphins WR Davone Bess stop by for an interview. During the interview he witnessed an accident and did his good deed for the day.He was kind enough to call back and you just heard what he witnessed."


About witnessing an auto accident as he was being interviewed while driving his car, Davone Bess said:
"I'm sorry, I have to call 911. Can I call you guys in like five minutes? I apologize. I'll call you right back. I have to call 911 for this man. I'll call you right back." (PFT)


Later, Bess was interviewed and said:
"Man, it was crazy. I was on the phone with you & I saw the truck in front of me swerving. Then, he just flipped over 3 times. That's when I stopped & went to see of he was O.K. I saw he got out of the truck and was walking and saw he was cool. There were a lot of other people there too to make sure everything was ok." (MH)


PFT Note: "Bess stopped to make sure the driver was OK, and when he saw that others had come to the aid of the man (who was able to get out of the truck and walk away), he got back into his car and continued both his commute to the Dolphins' facility and his radio interview."


MH Note: "In a world where the negative stories regarding athletes steal all the headlines, here's to one of the GOOD GUYS! Nice Job Davone!"


http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sedano-says/2010/06/davone-bess-good-samaritan.html

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/01/davone-bess-cuts-off-radio-interview-after-witnessing-accident/

No comments:

Post a Comment