Monday, November 30, 2009

More quotes from the UH - Navy game

Happy with their defense against Navy, Mack said;
"We only had two (defensive) breakdowns." (HSB)


About returning his muffed kickoff 55 yards, Jovonte Taylor said:
"I took my eyes off it for a quick second, that's why I muffed it. But I picked it up, made something out of nothing. I reversed field, and hey, I was out the gate. It was a big play for us, in a critical situation at that." (HSB)


About going for the first down on 4-and-1 late in the game, Mack said:
"I believed in two things. I believed in our offense that they could get that and I believed our defense was playing well against their offense so I thought we could get after them." (HSB)


About how the crowd noise made it hard for their offense to call their signals, Navy QB Ricky Dobbs said:
"It was real tough. Guys couldn't hear me. I was quite surprised." (HSB)


About defending Navy's option offense, Blaze Soares said:
"It's just trust in one another. Certain people had to take the dive, other people had to take the quarterback and the pitch man. We trusted in one another to do that. We were very responsible. It cracked here and there, but overall everybody just did their job." (HSB)


About Mack's decision to go for it when it was 4th-and-1 and trust their defense, Mana Silva said:
"Coach believed in us, and we just followed his mind-set. We never strayed from the game plan. We stuck with it. When we turned the corner on the fourth quarter, we could taste it." (HSB)


http://www.starbulletin.com/sports/sportsnews/20091130_warrior_replay.html

http://www.starbulletin.com/columnists/furtherreview/20091130_mcmackins_decision_showed_faith_in_defense.html

No comments:

Post a Comment