Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pisa Tinoisamoa earned a starting LB spot with the Bears

CB = chicagobears.com

About selecting Pisa as a starter, Bears head coach Lovie Smith said:
“We have some good linebackers here and they all have played well, but Pisa’s been steady and been that way throughout. He really played well this past week against the Giants. He brings energy, he hustles, he’s a tough guy, and he’s played at a high level in the league before, so we have an idea [how he’ll perform]. We let it play out and he deserves to be called the starter now.” (CB)

CB Note: "The most impressive of Tinoisamoa’s four tackles in last Saturday night's win over the Giants came when the 6-1, 230-pound linebacker stuffed bruising 6-4, 264-pound running back Brandon Jacobs in the hole for no gain."

About earning the starting spot, Pisa said:
“Being here has just been a great experience. It’s good to be named the starter, but I know that I’ve got my work cut out for me. I’ve got to hold up my end of the bargain and perform.” (CB)

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=6055

No comments:

Post a Comment