Tuesday, August 25, 2009

John Estes, R.J. Kiesel-Kauhane and Rocky Savaiigaea are team captains

About how 10 players received votes for captain, Mac said:
"That shows how much leadership we have on the team. We let the players vote. It's their team, and they were serious about picking their leaders." (HA)

HA Note: "McMackin said a different honorary fourth captain would be named for each game."

About how RJ and he both graduated from Aiea High, Rocky said:
"Na Ali'i power." ( HA)

Honored to be picked as a captain, Rocky said:
"I feel very privileged to be a captain. It's not by the coaches, it's by the team. To earn respect from your peers is something I really appreciate. And I feel privileged to be picked alongside John and R.J. — two of the great players. A lot of players deserved this. We have a lot of leaders on the team." (HA)

RJ said that he felt he:
"earned a lot of the guys' respect. I feel my actions on and off the field paid off." (HA)

HA Note: "Kiesel-Kauhane is one of the most athletic Warriors. The past spring, he bench pressed 450 pounds and had a 38-inch vertical jump."

About being a captain, RJ said:
"I'll take pride in being a captain, and I look forward to leading by my actions." (HA)

Praising their captains, Mac said:
"I think we have a strong senior class and those three are great representatives. They're strong selections." (HSB)

http://sports.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090825/SPORTS0201/908250351&template=UHsports

http://www.starbulletin.com/sports/sportsnews/20090825_Moniz_makes_move_up_chart.html

No comments:

Post a Comment