Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Feature article on QB commit Kevin Spain

About how he loves UH's offense, Kevin Spain said:
"I used to play (football) video games, and I always wanted to play with Hawai'i because of its offensive style." (HA)

About how he's a Colt fan, Spain said:
"I'm really happy about it. I've always been a fan of (former UH quarterback) Colt Brennan. I can't wait to play in his offense." (HA)

HA Note: "Spain drew interest from UCLA, Boise State and New Mexico State."

About how he was recommended by Arizona State's coach, Spain said:
"After coach Erickson called coach Mack, Hawai'i watched my highlight film and made an offer. I committed (to UH). I'm super-excited about everything." (HA)

Spain said that his school uses a Wing-T offense, but:
"we put in some shotgun formations so I can throw the ball more." (HA)

HA Note: "Spain is capable of running 40 yards in 4.7 seconds. He also can throw a football about 75 yards."

About how recruiting analysts praise his accuracy, Spain said:
"Accuracy is one of the things I really work on, along with my footwork." (HA)

HA Note: "Spain has a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0. He said he "definitely" will meet the requirement to gain admission into UH."

About going to Hawaii, Spain said:
"I like to snowboard, but I guess now I have to learn how to surf." (HA)

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20090623/SPORTS0201/906230339/-1/sportsfront

No comments:

Post a Comment