Friday, June 26, 2009

Calen Friel and Charles Tuaau commit to the Warriors!

HA Note: "Friel said he is 6 feet 2 and 240 pounds. Tuaau said he is 6 feet 3 1/2 and 275 pounds, and is capable of bench-pressing 365 pounds and running 40 yards in 4.93 seconds."

About committing to the Warirors, Calen Friel (Kailua High) said:
"I was a Warrior fan since I was a little kid." (HA)

"I was looking at a lot of schools. I think Hawai'i is the place to be." (HA)

HA Note: "He said an older brother is trying to earn a berth on the Warriors' roster."

About the opportunity to play in front of family members, Friel said:
"I come from a family of brothers and sisters. I like to stay home and hang out with my family." (HA)

HA Note: "Tuaau said going to UH will be somewhat of a reunion. Several of his cousins attend UH, including defensive tackle Chris Leatigaga. He also is friends with linebacker Art Laurel, offensive lineman Clayton Laurel and quarterback Bryant Moniz."

About how his friends and cousins praised the Warrior program, Charles Tuaau (Leilehua High) said:
"They said a lot of good things about the program. I'm anxious to go to UH, and play for the Warriors." (HA)

HA Note: "Tuaau said he received interest from Oregon, Washington State, San Jose State and Idaho."

About how he hunts and dives in his free time, Tuaau said:
"I go all over (to hunt pigs). Sometimes I go to Maui or the Big Island. I hunt with dogs. That's one of my main workouts." (HA)

About participating in the Big Man's Camp, Friel said:
"It was really good. I learned some techniques from the coaches. They taught me how to do a lot of things." (HA)

About participating in the Big Man's Camp, Tuaau said:
"It was great. The coaches were positive. I liked how they picked us up." (HA)

http://sports.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090626/SPORTS0201/906260353/1312&template=UHSports

No comments:

Post a Comment