Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Injury status updates

About how he should be able to play on Saturday after going through his first practice (he did the position workouts but sat out the 7-on-7 drills) since being out due to a partial tear in his right knee during training camp, David Farmer said:
"I should be ready to go." (HA)

About his conditioning, Farmer said:
"I could always be in better shape, but it felt good as far as everything else, cutting and running. It felt good just from a confidence standpoint to get out there and run around on it. I was out here running last week, but nothing's quite the same as getting in there and going through it." (HSB)

Hoping to be able to contribute against SJSU, Farmer said:
"But there's guys who have been out here and been working. So I have to go out there and prove myself." (HSB)

About being able to play just one play against Oregon State, LWJ said:
"It was frustrating. I felt I let the team down on that one. I'm going to make it up this week, and get ready for San Jose State." (HA)

About his sore foot, LWJ said:
"It's a minor setback, it's over." (HSB)

About suffering a sprain to the lower part of his right ankle against Oregon State (he sat out the Weber State game due to a high-ankle sprain suffered against Florida), Daniel Libre said:
"It was like a replay of what happened in (the season opener against) Florida." (HA)

Libre said that he thought he might be able to practice yesterday, but his ankle:
"told me otherwise." (HSB)

About how they cannot more Pilares back to slotback until Libre is healthy, Mack said:
"We would like to move Kealoha back to slot, but he's (one of) our leading runner(s) right now. The main thing is to get the ball in his hands because he's a playmaker." (HA)

About suffering a torn ACL during the Scout Bowl, which ends his season, Bryce Kalau'oka'a'ea said:
"It's an unfortunate injury. I was having fun being out there." (HA)

About how he suffered a torn ACL in his left knee when he was at Castle High, Bryce said:
"I have to overcome it again." (HA)

About how he doesn't want his torn triceps in his left arm to keep him out of anymore games, Rocky Savaiigaea said:
"I'm ready for this game. I don't care what happens. I can't miss another home game. I can't miss another game, period." (HA)

About how it pained him to miss their first home game of the season, Rocky said:
"When we played Weber State, coming out of the tunnel, looking at all the boys putting their game faces on, seeing their excitement, it tore me apart. I told myself, 'I'm not going to go through this feeling again.' " (HSB)

About how he planned for the SJSU game to be the one where he returned, Rocky said:
"I was focusing on coming back this home game. I really wanted to make it to the Oregon State game, but I knew I definitely wasn't ready. ... I targeted (this week) and it ended up working out this way." (HSB)

About how he'll play after missing the Oregon State game with a "tweaked" right ankle and having problems with tendinitis in his surgically repaired right knee, Fale Laeli said:
"Yes, I will play this week." (HA)

About how they have been shuffling players around on their OL again, OL coach Brian Smith said:
"Theme of the season. That would be nice, to have the same five for more than a week." (HSB)

About Laupepa Letuli's return to practice yesterday, Smith said:
"He looked OK considering he missed a couple of weeks ... now he has to clean some of the rust off and get his technique back going. (Today) will be a big day, we'll get him in some shoulder pads, we'll get some reps against the defense and we'll have a much better idea exactly where he is." (HSB)

About the injury problems he's had througout his Warrior career, starting (when he's healthy) LT Letuli said:
"I haven't gone one year without (an injury). Hopefully, this is it. I want to be healthy the rest of the season, and progress." (HA)

HA Note: "Yesterday, the first-team tackles were Aaron Kia on the left and Adrian Thomas on the right. The usual No. 1 right tackle, Keoni Steinhoff, has a broken finger. He will resume practicing today. Kia also practiced at right tackle when Letuli was at left tackle. Offensive line coach Brian Smith said Raphael Ieru and Brysen "Bulla" Ginlack will split time at left guard."

About how the bye week was good for his injured and worn out Warriors, Mack said:
"It's good for these guys because we had an intense camp and then we've probably traveled as much as anybody in the country will for the entire year. So now this starts a new season. I really liked the quickness. It looks like we've got our legs back." (HSB)

About starting 4 sophomores on their OL due to injuries to 3 vets on the OL, Tomey said:
"We're just in a day-to-day situation because they have back ailments that are really bothersome. We're just trying to manage all of that. We'd love to have them available all the time but for us that's not the real world." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment