Friday, September 19, 2008

Feature on Marcus Malepeai

About committing to the Warriors, Marcus said:
"My parents were a big part in the decision. I wanted to stay home and play in front of them and my friends." (HSB)

About Marcus, Radford coach Fred Salanoa said:
"He's solid all the way around. He's very quiet, very respectful. He doesn't say much but usually leads by his actions. I just think the University of Hawaii is getting an awesome player. He's going to get bigger, and he's going to get stronger and faster." (HSB)

HSB Note: "Malepeai carries a 3.2 grade-point average and is interested in studying engineering."

About how he's going to try to play for Radford's volleyball team this year, Marcus said:
"Just wanted to try something new. It's my senior year, so my friends and I just decided to try it." (HSB)

Note: Marcus' older sister Marlena was a volleyball star at Radford and is now attending Gonzaga.

No comments:

Post a Comment