Sunday, June 22, 2008

Quotes from Jim Donovan

About UH's successful and controversial year, JD said:
"May you live in interesting times. That certainly was the case this year." (HSB)

"It was a very remarkable year in both success and change." (HSB)


About taking over the head coaching job at UH, Mack said:
"I feel blessed to be in the position I'm in. I'm not intimidated by it. I've been practicing for it my entire career. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm surrounded by great people and surrounded by great support." (HSB)


About how it will take them awhile to get out of their financial hole, JD said:
"It took a few years to get into this situation and I don't think we'll get out of it overnight. We pretty much know where we are and we know where we want to go and we're starting the process of charting how to get there." (HSB)

HSB Note: "UH's aging facilities remained at the forefront and the state legislature appropriated $7 million for projects including the replacement of Cooke Field's playing surface, improvements to the locker room at Duke Kahanamoku Aquatics Complex and refurbishment of coaches offices. UH also received a $5 million donation from the Clarence T.C. Ching Foundation to go toward construction of an athletic complex on the Cooke Field site."

About the largest single gift to the athletic department in UH history, JD said:
"The Ching Foundation (donation) was just a great step to show that people are really backing us." (HSB)


Excited about their future, JD said:
"As good as 2007-08 was, the potential for even greater success and memories is there. That's what gets me really excited." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment