Thursday, June 5, 2008

Feature Interview with Hercules

scout = Scout.com

Asked who were his favorite teams and players when he was growing up, Hercules said:
"I grew up in California, so I liked all of the California teams. The 49ers and Raiders, and Jerry Rice and Joe Montana were my favorite players." (scout)

Asked what is his favorite non-football activity, Hercules said:
"Playing video games, going to the movies, hanging with the fellas and relaxing." (scout)

Asked when he realized he had NFL potential, Hercules said:
"Probably during my senior year. People started talking to me as the season started winding down. I spoke to a couple agents and they told me I had the potential. That’s when I started thinking about going pro and everything else just fell into place." (scout)

Asked who was his biggest football and non-football influence growing up and why, Hercules said:
"My biggest football influence came from all of the relatives I have played with in college. I had two relatives that got drafted last year (Samson Satele and Melila Purcell) and they have been through the ropes. When they came back to Hawaii they taught me everything that they have learned and told me what it takes to play at the pro level.

My biggest non-football influence comes from my father. He is the first person to introduce me to the game. He never played football, but he got my foot in the door and showed me the true meaning of work ethic." (scout)

Asked about his goals for the season, Hercules said:
"A lot of good things are going on around this organization. Personally, my main goal is just to make the team and hopefully keep a spot over here. I think this team can go far and this is their second year with the new coaching staff. The veterans have told me about the differences they have seen between this year and last year. They say there is a whole new vibe this year because they went 8-8 last season with a brand new coaching staff. Now that everyone has a full year in the new system, everyone is confident in the possibility of making the playoffs. So I'm excited for this team and am just trying to learn as much as I can. (scout)

Asked if there is a particular game that he's looking forward to, Hercules said:
"My cousin, Samson Satele plays for the Dolphins, so I am excited to play them. Also a good friend of mine, Isaac Sopoaga, plays for the 49ers. It will be great to play against his team twice this season. And someday I hope to be able to play against the Cleveland Browns, because my cousin Melila Purcell plays for them." (scout)

Asked what he's planning to do with his first NFL paycheck, Hercules said:
"Right now, I wish I could do a lot of things. But I am going to save it up, so I can get my parents a good present." (scout)

Asked if there is a vet on the team that has helped his transition from college football, Hercules said:
"There are a lot of them. But the main person in Deuce Lutui. He has helped me go over the plays and has given me little tips that will help me in the future." (scout)

Asked about his biggest challenge in the NFL that he didn't have to deal with in college, Hercules said:
"The talent level and the whole schedule of the NFL is very different from the college level. In the NFL even 3rd stringers are in the league for a reason. They know what they need to do and you can’t slack off when you face anyone. Everyone is the real deal. Also, in college you have to go to class and practices. But in the NFL there are no classes, there are meetings after meetings. The playbook is three times larger, and there are so many new things to learn. Those are the biggest challenges." (scout)

Asked about his strengths that he brings to the Cardinals, Hercules said:
"From my position, the offensive line, I can bring quickness and technique. Especially, playing college at Hawaii, I have a lot of experience with pass blocking. My run blocking skills are getting better all the time. Now that I am in the 3-point stance, I am quicker off the snap and I can feel the difference." (scout)

No comments:

Post a Comment