Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Quotes about Lewis Walker

About how he felt he had an immediate shot at playing time (due to UH graduating 3 DBs), but what was more important was that from UH's players and coaches he got:
"a really good vibe." (Deseret Morning News)

About how he enjoyed his visit, Walker said:
"I felt really, really comfortable. I said, I could see myself fitting in right there." (DMN)


About how Hawaii's passionate fans were a selling point for him, Walker said:
"It's like the whole state is behind them. It feels like an NFL team there, like how Denver is with the Broncos. They really embrace them." (DMN)

DMN Note: "Walker's commitment eased a lot of stress in his life. He was offered a scholarship by the University of Utah last spring and called the Utes to accept in early November. But when he called, he was told by the Utes that they no longer had a scholarship for him. Walker said recruiting was a learning process for him, and that he's just ready to move on to Hawaii."

About how he's happy that the recruiting process is over, Walker said:
"I've never been through this process before. I learned a lot from this ... but now I have a chance to go to Hawaii. There's a lot of stress off of me now and I can just focus on other things." (DMN)

Proud of Walker, his coach James Cordova said:
"I'm just really proud and happy for the kid. The recruiting process is tough on kids, tough on families, and tough on coaches. I'm glad to see him going where he can make a difference." (DMN)

No comments:

Post a Comment