Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Feature article on Colt

About the questions about how he will do in the NFL, Colt said:
"I'm one of those quarterbacks that's a big question mark. I can be rising up the draft board or falling down depending on how I show up and execute." (rivals.com)

About what scouts are looking for from Colt in the Senior Bowl practices, Frank Coyle (draftinsiders.com) said:
"They want to see you take the ball under center, drop, set up, read the defense and make the play. You don't have to do that when you sit in the 'gun.' " (rivals)

About how he was under center at Mater Dei and Colorado, Colt said:
"I'm kind of going back to my roots root now, but I need to get back into it. There are some rhythm things I need to get back. It's a learning process. I'm just glad to be here and glad to be experiencing it." (rivals)

About how he loved playing in UH's offense, Colt said:
"I loved playing that (run-and-shoot) system. It did great things for me from a confidence standpoint. Now that I've moved on from that system, I feel like I can play in any system. That's why I think this will be a great week for me." (rivals)

About addressing concerns about his character, Colt said:
"This is a chance for people to get to know me as a person and learn about me, not just the system but obviously with the Colorado situation I went through. There are a lot of things people have to figure out about me. For me to familiarize myself with coaches and to come out here and practice and play - hopefully I can answer a lot of those questions." (rivals)

Rivals Note: "The last performance of Brennan's college career resulted in more questions about his NFL potential. He was sacked eight times, threw three interceptions and fumbled twice in a 41-10 Sugar Bowl loss to Georgia. Brennan admitted after the game that the performance probably damaged his NFL draft stock. He faced even more adversity this week before he ever stepped on a practice field. Brennan, who is 6 feet 2, weighed in Monday at only 185 pounds, which could raise concerns about whether he's big enough to withstand the physical pounding that comes from playing quarterback in the NFL. By contrast, the other two quarterbacks on the South team are the 234-pound Woodson and 225-pound Erik Ainge of Tennessee. Brennan blamed his weight loss on a recent illness and said he hoped to bulk up to 205 or 210 for the Combine."

About why he lost weight, Colt said:
"I got the stomach flu last week when I was home in California. I lost a ton of weight. I thought I'd be able to gain it all back, but I guess I didn't." (rivals)


About how Colt earned his respect when UH played Alabama (Colt threw for 350 yards in the 25-17 loss), Alabama CB Simeon Castille said:
"I think he's as good as advertised. He makes good decisions. He's accurate with his throws. A lot of people say it's just because of the system that he runs, but I think he'll be able to adjust to an NFL-style system and be able to succeed." (rivals)

No comments:

Post a Comment