Thursday, September 27, 2007

Quotes from Warrior Commit Daniel Smith

About how he called UH's coaches and paid for his visit to Hawaii, accepting an offer from coach Reinbold during his visit, Daniel Smith (also recruited by Duke, Wake Forrest, North Carolina, Washington State, and Portland State) said:
“I visited Hawaii last April and I had an amazing time. I really liked every aspect of the school. The academic people were really easy going on explaining how everything works and what goes on. The campus was incredible and I really felt at home. The only player that I really had a long conversation with was Ryan Perry. He sat down with me and really explained on how the team acts and how they treat on another. Ryan also went to my high school so it was good to talk to somebody from my same town." (Warriors Insider)


About meeting Jeff Reinbold face-to-face, Daniel said:
“Coach Reinebold is a great guy. He was always positive when I talked to him. He made me fell really welcome at the university. He is one of the most down to earth coach’s that I have met and I really appreciated everything he has done for me. The way I got in contact with coach was at the end of my junior year. I was really interested in Hawaii and wanted to get some more information for football. The next thing I knew, I sent him my highlight tape and I was on the island visiting." (WI)


About why he committed early to UH, Daniel said:
“I committed so early to Hawaii because I wanted to show the school how much I wanted to become a apart of the team. When I was on my visit I really felt at home and accepted. The thing I am most exited about when I get to Hawaii is my first practice. I just want to get on the field with the team." (WI)


Asked if he would be left at CB or if he'd be moved to S at UH, Daniel said:
“Right now for my school I am playing corner but when I get to Hawaii I will switch to safety. With my size and speed I will be a better fit at safety." (WI)

No comments:

Post a Comment