Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Quotes about Mouton

About how the results of his MRI was negative, Mouton said:
"It was a little bruise. I'm fine." (HA)


About how teams might avoid kicking to him after his kickoff return TD, Mouton said:
"I hope I can keep getting a couple or more." (HA)


Mouton said that the key to returning kicks is to:
"hit it at full speed. You can't be worried about getting hit. Your blockers are going to be there for you." (HA)


About playing in the Kibbie Dome with his injured knee, Mouton said:
"We have to play in all types of conditions, and be ready to get out there and get after it. (The knee) is just a little sore." (HSB)


Praising Mouton, GM said:
"He's a big-time player. He's for real, and he complements our corners. He's playing our nickel (package), and we're getting him more and more reps and we consider him a starter and one of our better players." (HSB)


About contributing on D and special teams, Mouton said:
"I try to come in and contribute any way that I can, and I guess I'm doing that so far." (HSB)


Praising Mouton's ability as a kick returner, Dennis McKnight said:
"He's just a natural at it. You can have a fast guy, but that don't necessarily mean he'll be a good return guy. Ryan has a good feel for 'setting it,' which we talk about making 'em think you're going one way, then BOOM, snap it the way the return's going." (HSB)


Praising Timo Paepule for the block that set him free for the kickoff return TD, Mouton said:
"We were trying to go back right, and I saw (the opening) up the middle. I saw my blockers were staying on their blocks, and Timo came through with a clutch block at the end to set me free, and got there and ran with it." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment