Friday, September 28, 2007

Preview of the UH-Idaho game

About getting his first win at UH in the Kibbie Dome, Colt said:
"I remember that trip very well. It was a big deal for me. It was our first win of the season and a big thing for me. I'm excited to get back out there and play. Every game right now I'm trying to cherish." (AP)


Joking about how he hopes UH has some travel problems, Idaho head coach Robb Akey said:
"I hope their plane is maybe a little cramped up and it's long uncomfortable flight getting over here and they don't feel very good." (AP)


About holding Colt out of the CSU game, JJ said:
"He could have played this past week. We got through the week with the win." (AP)


Praising Colt, La Tech coach Derek Dooley said:
"He's every bit the player you see on film. I think the one thing you see in person that you can't see on film is what his competitive character is." (AP)


Praising Colt, who Idaho recruited before he came to UH, Akey said:
"He's a Heisman candidate for a reason." (AP)


About facing UH in their WAC opener, Akey joked:
"It's nice to have an easy one first. I've got all the respect in the world for what they're doing." (AP)

"Against Hawaii you have got to be able to match scores and do everything you can to try and match plays. That's the challenge in front of us." (AP)

No comments:

Post a Comment