Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Injury updates

About how Blaze could have played vs. CSU, GM said:
"We felt we were prepared for this game, and why take a chance on getting him injured? He was ready to go last week, but what was the point? We want to make sure he gets his reps. He'll be ready to go this week." (HA)


About seeking a medical hardship after suffering a torn ACL in his left knee, Le'Marcus Gibson said:
"I'll still be a freshman next year." (HA)

HA Note: "Gibson said he suffered the injury while practicing in Houston two weeks ago."


About his lower back tightness, Rivers said:
"I never had anything like this before." (HA)


About playing vs. CSU without practicing all week, Rivers said:
"I wanted to play. During warmups, I was running fine. In the first quarter I was fine. As it dragged on, my back got stiff. It's fine now," Rivers added. "Once I start running around, it tightens up." (HA)


About Rivers' status, JJ said:
"He's not well. I feel bad for him. ... I probably should have held him out." (HA)

"I feel bad for him in his senior year. He's getting (his back) looked at again. He tried to go, I probably should have held him out. So we'll make adjustments that he's not going to be there." (HSB)


Hoping that he will be healthy enough to practice and play this week, Rivers said:
"Hopefully I can heal up this week, and be at least 95 to 100 percent. I want to get some practices in." (HA)


JJ said about how Lane would take Rivers' place in the lineup:
"(Lane) made one or two errors but the more he plays the better he'll get. I like his acceleration, I like his speed. I've liked him since he was a freshman when he didn't really know what to do last year. That's why I played him, because I knew he was going to be a player." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment