Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Random Warrior Quotes

Naming Tim Grasso their starting punter, JJ said:
"He's the best of what we have. I think he's an athlete. He's a gamer." (HA)


Told that JJ named him the starter, Grasso said:
"That's a first for me. It's awesome. It's something I've been working for. I worked my butt off all summer long for that moment to be named." (HA)

HA Note: "Grasso focused on two areas: his catch-to-kick time and the hang time of his punts. When punting in the end zone or near the goal line, the catch-to-kick goal is 1.6 seconds. He is permitted up to two seconds in other situations. For hang times, the recommended formula is a tenth of a second per yard. A 42-yard punt should have a hang time of 4.2 seconds."


About the hang time that UH wants, Grasso said:
"They want me to have a real high punt that goes 40 yards and gets fair caught every time than probably one that goes 50 yards but is not very high. I'm feeling my hang time is getting better. When we're focusing on hang time, a lot more punts are getting fair caught." (HA)


About Grasso, Dennis McKnight (who is in charge of the punters) said:
"I like him best because he doesn't look like your prototypical punter. He's a thick guy. He kind of reminds me of (former UH punter) Chad Shrout, and I loved Chad. (Grasso) is quick and compact. It's one, two, and the ball is out of there." (HA)


HA Note: "McKnight, who coaches the offensive line, said Brysen Ginlack, Clarence "Lafu" Tuioti-Mariner and Laupepa Letuli are the primary backups. McKnight said Ginlack can play both tackle positions. Tuitoti-Mariner is the top reserve at center and right guard. Letuli is the main backup at left guard. McKnight also said Aaron Kia is in the mix."


About how Ginlack has gone from the nickname "Bulla" to "Chewbacca", McKnight said:
"He looks like Chewbacca." (HA)


McKnight nicknamed Letuli:
"Wolfman. His hair is flying everywhere. He's wild and crazy, like a wolf." (HA)


HA Note: "Every day, it seems, starting right slotback Ryan Grice-Mullins is making a fashion statement. Last week, he had the bumblebee look, dressed dreadlock to shoes in black and gold."

About his fashion sense, RGM said:
"I got it from my mom." (HA)

HA Note: "It all begins with the shoes. He owns about 25 pairs of Jordans, Nikes and DCs in Hawai'i."


About how he matches his clothes to his shoes, RGM said:
"I look into my box. I tap a pair of shoes, and whatever color comes out, I go from there. I get a (matching) shirt and hat, and keep it going." (HA)

No comments:

Post a Comment