Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Quotes about Sopoaga's improved play

About how Sopoaga was inspired for the last game when he praised him, coach Nolan said:
“I’m going to try to inspire him again this week. I heard him say when I said that about him, he has had some better games since he has been here. So it inspired him to play well. So the other day I told him he has another game in a row. Hopefully it will inspire him again. I said to him if I need to tell him he played well to inspire him, that’s what we do.” (49ers.com)


Praising Sopoaga's improved play, Nolan said:
“He is playing stronger at the line of scrimmage. He’s also keeping guys off the linebackers. And at the same time every once in a while, when they turn him loose, he’s made plays in the backfield a couple of times. Isaac is a very athletic, very strong, a powerful man and when he plays that way you’ve got something good."

"He’s a better player then he was last year right now and hopefully that continues. We’ve been here two years with Isaac and I’m just being hopeful that he continues to stay on track like he has.” (49ers.com)


About his improved play after their first preseason game, Sopoaga said:
“From my first game against Denver, I’ve learned something. I didn’t have the effort I needed to go out there with, but in the last two weeks I’ve got an idea of how I need to play. Coach Tomsula has really helped me a lot and over the last few months I’ve picked up on a lot of tools. He’s letting me loose out there and I am really enjoying that.” (49ers.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment