Friday, August 24, 2007

Quotes about Colt from the LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-colt25aug25,1,6560524,full.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

About going to Hawaii to play for UH, Colt said:
"If football didn't work out I was going to find a nice little hut and chill out for the rest of my life. But then football worked out." (LAT)


About his situation now and when his incident occurred in Colorado, Colt said:
"When I was going through a lot of the rough times, it was a very surreal moment for me. And now going through all the good times, it's a surreal moment for me. It's kind of hard to fathom. Right now, you're taking it for what it's worth and trying to do it right and not mess it up." (LAT)


About how the Colorado incident will come up again when he's up for the draft, Colt said:
"Once the season's over it will probably resurface and I'll have to deal with it." (LAT)


About how he tried to copy Matt Leinart's style after getting the starting job at Mater Dei, Colt said:
"And it was horrible, because that's not me. I'm not Matt Leinart." (LAT)


About how his situation from Colorado made Hawaii a good choice for him, Colt said:
"I was embarrassed. I wanted to get away. . . . Hawaii seemed like just the place to do it." (LAT)

LAT Note: "Brennan still has a year and half left on the four-year probation he received stemming from his unlawfully entering a coed's dorm room at Colorado. He pleaded guilty to charges of burglary and trespassing but another charge, unwanted sexual contact, was vacated for lack of evidence."


About his character, Colt said:
"I've got nothing to hide. There's no doubt what happened and what I did and the position I put myself in. I got no one to blame but myself." (LAT)


Bothered by some media reports that got the facts wrong about his case, Colt said:
"I really got dragged through the mud by the media . . . The initial articles that came out after I got sentenced were just galaxies away from what I actually got charged with and what actually I got found guilty of." (LAT)


About his Colorado problems, Colt said:
"It can't get any worse than that. I think that walking away from that, you can't embarrass me, you can't really humiliate me anymore. I'm just a kid that just wants to play football and enjoy himself and that's it." (LAT)


About the dreadlocks that he still had during the interview, Colt said:
"I can't wait to cut it off, to be honest." (LAT)


About calling plays in Samoan, Colt said:
"For the guys on the other side of the ball, they are like, 'What the hell are they saying?' " (LAT)


Pointing to QB successes with his system, JJ said:
"Jim Kelly played in our deal, Warren Moon played in our deal. Bobby Hebert went to his only Pro Bowl, Jeff George went to his only Pro Bowl, Chris Miller went to his only Pro Bowl. Obviously, average quarterbacks or guys in the middle of the range get better and the great ones are great no matter what they do. If Joe Montana was in our system, he'd figure it out." (LAT)


Having no doubt about Colt's potential, JJ said:
"Jeff George, Dan Marino and Colt are only guys I've seen when they release the ball their right foot is off the ground. I don't know what it means, but I'm going to start looking for it in high school." (LAT)

LAT said: Jones calls Brennan the most accurate passer he has coached since George."


About how he speaks to lots of at-risk youths, Colt said:
"I'll give them my real kind of shock story, and hopefully make sure that none of those kids put themselves in the position I put myself in." (LAT)

No comments:

Post a Comment