Thursday, August 30, 2007

Quotes about Blaze Soares

About how he discovered Blaze while watching film, LB coach Cal Lee said:
“When I saw somebody chase (Kealoha) Pilares down, I found out who that was, and it was Blaze Soares.” (HSB)


About Blaze, Cal Lee said:
“I think his strength is he’s got good size and he can run.” (HSB)

“Anytime you have a guy who can run to the ball, it’s something that’s hard to teach. You can work on your strength, but it’s hard to get speed.” (HSB)


About his ability to read the flow of the action quickly, Blaze said:
“To me it just comes natural. Just being out here, this is where I feel like I’m untouchable. It just clicks.” (HSB)

HSB Note: "Soares played in 12 games as a freshman and initially earned the praise of the coaching staff through his play on special teams. That eventually led to more time at linebacker and by the end of the season he had built enough trust to be left on the field in critical late-game situations. Among the highlights of his freshman year was a key fourth-quarter sack in Hawaii’s 42-35 win over Purdue."


About their new 4-3 defense, Blaze said:
“It’s going to be something. You never know where we’re coming from. Coach McMackin has some good schemes for us and I can’t wait to see what we can do. I love to blitz personally - that’s just what I love to do. I think it fits perfect, because I ran that in high school and the reads are all the same, just faster.” (HSB)


About Blaze, Cal Lee (who played with Blaze's grandfather at Kalani High) said:
“He’s got some good genes. Blaze comes from that Soares mold and has a great passion for the game.” (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment