Friday, August 31, 2007

Quotes about Amani Purcell

Happy that both of his UH-playing sons will graduate, Mel and Amani Purcell's father said:
"Two athletes in the university, two graduates, that's a hundred percent. They've achieved what Mom and Dad wanted them to do, and that's graduate using sports as a vehicle to get there." (HSB)


Needing just 12 credits to graduate with his sociology degree, Amani Purcell said:
"It's been a big deal for me. My parents have been preaching that since we were little -- go to college, get a degree and get a paying job. When I saw (Melila) graduate I was real proud of him and it made me determined to graduate even more." (HSB)


About how he still needs to prove himself because injuries have held him back, Amani said:
"I'm a senior, but I still have to prove I can play, so I'm trying to show more by my actions than my words. I'm trying to hustle a little bit harder and be more precise." (HSB)


About how Amani gained weight (15 pounds during the offseason) but kept his quickness, his cousin Hercules Satele said:
"When he first came (Purcell's strength) was his quickness. Now he's added the weight and he still got the quickness, but he's got some power with that too now." (HSB)


About how he'll understand his his Dad goes to more of Mel's games this year instead of his, Amani said:
"It always feels good to have my dad at the game. But I told him not to worry about me this year, told him to support Mel. It's his rookie year and he needs to see the family as much as he can." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment