Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Quote about Colt's insurance policy

About how he took out a loan for $28k to buy a $4 mil insurance plan from James D. Edgeworth and Assoc. that would protect him if a football-related injury was "detrimental to my draft position", Colt said:

"My dad looked into a lot of things and got the best deal for me. It was based on a projection from last year. I didn't want to have to be focused on it during the season." (HA)

HA Note: "The plan covers only the upcoming football season and post-season. While the value of Brennan's projected first-round contract is more than double the value of the insurance plan, Brennan said coverage of up to $9 million would have cost too much."


Asked how much he'd appraise Bess' value for insurance, Colt said:
"I'd put a lot of money down on those hands. Maybe $2 million." (HA)

"I think all my receivers are worth a couple of million each. They're worth it. As far as what we do, there is no one in the country who can match us. I honestly feel they're the best receiving corps in the nation." (HA)

No comments:

Post a Comment