Sunday, August 26, 2007

Mouton moves up the depth chart, Keahi Watson quote

About moving up the depth chart quickly, Ryan Mouton said:
"I'm trying to get in there and keep working. You have to compete for the job." (HA)

HA Note: "Mouton is used to competition. Blinn holds up to four football tryouts each year, drawing about 75 players each session."


About the fierce competition at Blinn, Mouton said:
"There were a lot of people fighting to get on the team." (HA)


About how a lot of schools didn't recruit him because they worried he wouldn't earn enough credits to be eligible, Mouton said:
"There were a lot of schools that doubted me. Hawai'i stuck with me. I told them I'd make it. I said it, and I believed it. I was kind of lazy before. You know how that first year of college is. You get behind because you have so much freedom. I pulled it together." (HA)


About being cleared to practice, DT Keahi Watson said:
"All of the paperwork is done." (HA)


About how he was told he neededto do the club-technique drill perfectly before the DL could get water and he nailed the technique, Keahi said:
"It's all in fun." (HA)

No comments:

Post a Comment