Sunday, June 10, 2007

Random Quotes about the Warriors

About paying his dues to work on getting time at the slot position, transfer Jon Medeiros said:
"Ryan (Grice-Mullins), Davone (Bess), Aaron Bain, Mike Washington. They're all great slotbacks. I'm going to have to pay my dues first. They're great athletes. Hopefully I can work my way up. I'm going to keep working hard and do what I gotta do." (HSB)

HSB Note: "The 5-foot-10, 195-pound 2005 Kapolei High School graduate transferred to UH from Western Oregon last year. At Kapolei, he shared the quarterback spot with Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada, who is now the starter at Navy."


About sharing the QB spot with Kaheaku-Enhada and now being at slotback, Medeiros said:
"We were the two-headed monster. At (Western Oregon), I figured I was too small to play QB, so I tried something new and played slotback. From there I made my transfer because tuition was too much over there. Figured I'd give it a shot here at slotback. Fortunately, it's working out for me." (HSB)

HSB Note: "Medeiros was mentioned several times by head coach June Jones and receivers coach Ron Lee for strong performances during spring practice."


Declining to talk about his contract negotiations, JJ said:
"I'll talk about it when it's done." (HSB)


About the muscle he has put on this offseason, Patek said:
"It's quality, not quantity. I've been hitting the weights pretty hard, put on about six or seven pounds. It's mainly muscle. I'm 208 now. Last year I got down to 192 by the bowl game. I was 208 when I came here, but I was like all nasty, fat, slow, just sloppy, sloppy weight. Now I'm putting on a little more muscle." (HSB)

Note: I can't wait to see how the hard work that Patek putting in this offseason will pay off this season! I'm so impressed with Jake's work ethic and character.

No comments:

Post a Comment