Saturday, June 2, 2007

Quotes about how Travis LaBoy lost weight

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070602/SPORTS01/706020346/1027

About the 13 pounds he lost (he was 278 last season during training camp), Travis said:
"When I came out of college, I weighed 263, and before last year (one of my coaches) wanted me to get a little bigger, but I got a little too big, I think. Now I am just trying to get comfortable, and trying to figure out where I play the best. I'm not a sports trainer, but I feel better.'' (Tennesseean)


About the premium he places on speed over size (sounds like GM), Titans DC Jim Schwartz said:
"My thought with those guys has always been — weigh as much as you can, to run the fastest that you can. In other words, if you can gain 10 pounds and it doesn't affect your speed and quickness, then gain 10 pounds. But if you gain 10 pounds and you lose a tenth on your 40, then lose the weight. As a personal philosophy, I like big and fast. I would rather have fast than big and slow." (Tennessean)

No comments:

Post a Comment