Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Quotes about Ashley Lelie

Thank you to Tombo for sending me this link!
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_6120064?nclick_check=1

About how his leg injury has prevented him from going through a single full practice with the 49ers, Lelie said:
"I don't want to miss these opportunities to jell with the quarterbacks and get on the same page with the offense, because it is complex. You can't just study it in a class or a book or something. You've got to get in there. You have to get some real training in. That's the frustrating part. But the good thing is I still have plenty of time to heal before training camp." (SFMN)


Asked about where Lelie stood in their WR depth chart, 49ers coach Mike Nolan said:
"I really haven't thought about him that much. The guys that have been practicing, even the guys that are new and may be a long shot, at least you think about them a little bit. But when the guy hasn't set foot on the field, it's out of sight, out of mind, from my standpoint." (SJMN)


About probably missing their 7 remaining practices to ensure he's healthy for training camp, Lelie said:
"I think I might have come back a little too early. I don't want to make that same mistake. I want to make sure I can go full speed. My game is running by people and catching the ball and trying to score. If I can't run, then what use am I to them? The main thing is being able to show what I can do when I'm at my best. I'm going to keep my treatments up, and keep rehabbing and getting better. Especially in training camp, with those two-a-days and all the running, I want to be fully recovered when I go through that." (SJMN)

No comments:

Post a Comment