Sunday, June 24, 2007

3 Questions with Nate

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=71231

Asked what he's doing to get ready for training camp, Nate said:
"I just have to get my body fat down. A lot of it is strength, and I've been able to lift a lot, but I'm just trying to get rid of the bad stuff. I think they are going to have to assign people to help me do this type of thing. In college it's tough. When I had my surgeries (shoulder twice and knee), I wasn't able to stay active, so eating every day was going to mean gaining weight. But here it's all football, so I'm able to focus on the things at hand and good dieting will help." (PE.com)


Asked what has been the hardest part of his transition to the NFL, Nate said:
"As far as the players go, they're coming (at you) fast. In college, you're able to get away with only a couple players being fast, but out here everyone's fast. Even the coaches look kind of fast running these drills. But other than that, just the playbook and the time difference is tough." (PE.com)


Asked about his Marine brother currently in Iraq, Nate said:
"He's in Iraq right now. He's in communications, though, so I don't think he's in the fighting. He's more or less getting information back and forth from the States to out there. I want to say he's 100 percent safe, but he's out there. He called on draft day, somehow. I actually missed his call because I was talking to Philadelphia and a lot of friends were calling. It came up as a message and I couldn't get back to him. He called to mention that he was watching the draft on the computer out there, and he was real happy for the whole situation and all the Marines were happy too, so it was a good thing to hear." (PE.com)

1 comment:

  1. tks garret. you continue to amaze me. you have so much passion for the warriors and football in general. i don't know how you find the time what with your career and family.

    aloha and mahalo!

    ReplyDelete