Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Colt Brennan says that Tate Forcier should choose UH

About Tate Forcier looking for a fresh start, Colt Brennan said that UH:
"really could be a great fit." (HSA)


About how players with second chances have done well at UH, Colt said:
"Me, Davone (Bess) and Pisa (Tinoisamoa), we all got second chances at Hawaii, and we made the most of them. I can thoroughly understand why (Forcier) would want to come to Hawaii if he wants a second chance." (HSA)


About how he had planned to get a new trial, which could have extended his case another 2 years, before accepting an offer to plead guilty to trespassing, Colt said:
"At first, I wanted to keep fighting ... but I wanted to really move on with my life. People said, 'If he were (innocent), he would never have accepted a deal.' But at some point, you can't put your family in that position financially and emotionally. I had to think about people other than myself. ... I talked to my family and friends and legal counsel, and they said (accepting the plea) would be the best thing for me." (HSA)


About the false reports of his case that were around when he joined UH in 2005, Colt said:
"One thing that happened is Hawaii is a place that is very welcoming and has a big heart. And when I got there, I was able to discredit what people had heard, and that's when people really started to get behind my back, and want to see me have a second chance, or want to see me succeed." (HSA)


About how he often would pick up Jason Forcier (Tate's brother who was his teammate at Mater Dei High School, Jason was a freshman when Colt was a senior) at the train station on the way to school, Colt said:
"I knew Jason really well. I remember (Tate and another brother) would come to practice, and throw the rock around. They were young, but we were like, 'These kids are going to be pretty good when they get older.' ... Sure enough, I went on and lived my life. Then years later, I turn on the TV and watch Tate playing for Michigan. I said, 'I knew he would show up somewhere.' " (HSA)


About how Tate would be able to learn the offense and get acclimated to the team, school, and community, Colt said:
"I watched him do a lot of good things at Michigan. If he's coming to Hawaii to help win football games and keep Hawaii on the map, I think it's a move that will be successful for both him and the university. ... Hopefully, it all works out. Right now we have to wait and see. We don't even know if he's going to (transfer) to Hawaii." (HSA)

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20110713_Colt_Tate_should_pick_UH.html

No comments:

Post a Comment