Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Feature on Colt Brennan going to the Hartford Colonials

Excited that Jerry Glanville got his rights for the Hartford Colonials, Colt Brennan said:
"I'm excited coach Glanville reached out and protected my (UFL) rights. I'm stoked about that. I would love the opportunity, if it happens, to play for coach Glanville." (HSA)


HSA Note: "An offer from a National Football League team before July 11 — the first day of UFL training camps — would supersede the Colonials' rights. The NFL, currently in a lockout, cannot make free-agent offers until after a labor agreement has been reached."


Not able to comment due to a UFL gag order, Jerry Glanville said when asked about Colt:
"I can neither confirm nor deny. The time will come when I can do one or the other." (HSA)

"If we were picking today, I would pick him No. 1. But we're not picking today. We picked (three) days ago." (HSA)


About how he had to choose between Hartford and Omaha when the UFL called him, Colt said:
"I had to choose between which team. Because of coach Glanville and our relationship, obviously I wanted to rekindle the magic we had in Hawaii. I'm glad he protected my rights." (HSA)


About Colt's major asset as a QB, Glanville said:
"There's one word to describe Colt: Accuracy. It's all about being accurate, and he's very accurate." (HSA)


About how he was having discussions with several NFL teams about having Colt added to their practice squad near the end of the 2010 season, but Colt then suffered serious injuries while a passenger in an auto accident on the Big Island in November, Colt's agent Ryan Tollner said:
"It was quite a setback." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Brennan has healed, and is back in "football shape." But with the lockout, and no chance to work out for NFL teams, "obviously my options are pretty limited." Calgary owns the Canadian Football League's negotiation rights to Brennan. But given the CFL's different rules and wider fields, plus the standard two-year commitment, Brennan felt the UFL would be a better option. The eight-game, three-month season ends in November, enough time to receive a shot with an NFL team."


About why Colt preferred the UFL over the CFL, Tollner said:
"The UFL is less of an adjustment. The games are on television. The big thing is the chance for him to get on the field and show that he's an elite player." (HSA)


About how he is looking forward to playing for coach Glanville, Colt said:
"I'm starting over right now. I'm glad I have options. My main goal is to get ready for the football season coming up. I'm looking forward to the opportunity, possibly, of playing for coach Glanville. I like him because he's a good old-fashioned genuine football coach. I went up against his defenses every day in practice. It was fun competition. It was a battle every day. I love coach Glanville. He's a great guy." (HSA)


About Colt throwing after a practice at SMU in front of JJ, Glanville, Dan Morrison, and the other former UH coaches, his father Terry Brennan said:
"It was good for Colt to see June, Dan Morrison and his other coaches from Hawaii." (HSA)


About how Colt has been getting in football shape, Terry Brennan said:
"He's in good shape, been working out in Arizona the past two months. He's put on some weight." (HSA)


http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20110419_Brennan_gets_a_call_to_play_ball.html

http://blogs.starbulletin.com/quickreads/?p=1535

No comments:

Post a Comment