Friday, February 4, 2011

Feature on Mike Edwards getting a second chance at UH

About how his 2 years of probation was shortened, Mike Edwards said:
"I'm done. I was doing so well it was dismissed early." (HSA)


About how his record is now considered clean again by the courts, Edwards said:
"It was the only trouble ever in my life, first time in my life, any situation. I didn't even have a speeding ticket before." (HSA)


About how he's met Bess because he is friends with Ted Ginn Jr. (whose Dad was his high school coach), Edwards said:
"He told me he'd been through some things, and we talked about my situation. We talked about my situation and how to approach life. I'm not sure he knows I'm going to Hawaii yet; I think he'll be happy." (HSA)


Minimizing what Edwards did, Mack said:
"He and three of his buddies got into sort of a prank situation. The guy pulled a BB gun. He (Edwards) tried to stop him." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Being part of a group pointing a gun and demanding money isn't a prank, even if it is with a pellet gun and not a .45, even if the victims have empty wallets and only a cheeseburger to surrender."

HSA Note: "Every report I've seen or heard about this incident said it was a pellet gun — and pellet guns are significantly more dangerous than BB guns. According to the Consumer Warning Network, the projectiles from pellet guns "can be as deadly as a bullet" because of their velocity."


About how Edwards' highlight video impressed him, Mack said:
"He reminds me of Shawn Springs." (HSA)


About how he was impressed with Edwards as a person, Mack said:
"Mike came here and made a big impression." (HSA)


About his recruiting this year, Edwards said that he was offered by:
"Kansas State, Cincinnati, Troy and a bunch of MAC schools. Ole Miss, but I didn't visit. I knew I wanted Hawaii." (HSA)


http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/furtherreview/20110204_Recruit_will_get_second_chance_at_UH__its_what_we_do.html

No comments:

Post a Comment