Saturday, February 12, 2011

Colt Brennan was surprised when he woke up 4 or 5 days after the accident and found that he had surgery

About the scar on his cheek and the scars all along the left side of his chest, Colt Brennan said:
"I've got some scars. It gives me a little street cred, I think." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Yesterday, Brennan reiterated that "four or five days" after the accident, he awakened at The Queen's Medical Center and was surprised to learn he underwent surgery to repair a broken left clavicle, and had received stitches for a gash at the back of his head. He said he also suffered four broken ribs on his left side, and injuries to his left eye socket and left cheek."


About the accident, Colt said:
"I don't remember, and it's not like I remember that moment when I woke up. It's not like that at all. ... I was out for four or five days. ... I woke up, and all of my stitches were out of my body, and I was sitting there feeling fine, to an extent. And (my parents) were like, 'No, you went through something traumatic.'" (HSA)


About how he hasn't had any post-traumatic problems because of his memory loss, Colt said:
"I haven't had to face any of that." (HSA)


About how he went on a diet to get to 210 pounds, about 8 pounds less than before the accident, Colt said:
"I definitely lost weight after the accident, but I gained a lot back over the holidays. Basically, about a week or two ago, I was getting a little too big. I put myself on a diet last week. Basically, when I start training hard, it will be easy to get to the right weight." (HSA)


Colt said that the clavicle surgery was performed:
"with the sense I'll be playing football again." (HSA)


About the surgeries he had on both hips and both knees from April 2008 to April 2010, Colt said about his knee injuries:
"Small meniscus tears. On paper, it looks bad. Surgery, surgery, surgery. None of it was any type of structural damage. It wasn't as if I blew out a major ligament." (HSA)


About how the support he got from Hawaii fans helped his recovery, Colt said:
"Whether it was writing a quick e-mail or sending a nice note, my mom is convinced that was a huge part in my healing. The state of Hawaii had a lot to do with that. I'm very grateful." (HSA)

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20110212_Surgeries_surprised_Brennan.html

No comments:

Post a Comment