Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mack says that UH's WAC Championship will have a "lot of bling"

About how he will do the job of designing their ring, Mack said:
"I'm designing the ring, That's my job." (HSA)


About wearing a large ring on his right hand during his weekly news conference yesterday, Mack said:
"I told my wife this morning, 'We're WAC champions, and I'm going to wear one of my WAC champion rings.' That's exactly what I did." (HSA)


Asked if the ring was from the 1999 or 2007 WAC title, Mack said:
"No, no, no. Please don't even give me credit for designing the '99 ring. I don't know who did, but I think they got it out of one of those Cracker Jack deals." (HSA)(


Mack said that he told JJ that he'd return to coach UH in 2007 with one condition:
"I'll come back and help you win a WAC championship if you let me design the ring." (HSA)


About how he finished designing this year's ring, Mack said:
"It's going to be beautiful. Let me just say this: a lot of bling." (HSA)


HSA Note: "UH athletic director Jim Donovan said the rings will be paid for from the Warriors' share from the Dec. 24 Hawaii Bowl. The Warriors will net $375,000, plus an additional $25,000 if it reaches ticket-sale goals. The UH assistant coaches' bowl bonuses also will be deducted from that payout."


About how they won 4 in a row in 2009 to give them a chance to earn a bowl spot if they could have beaten Wisconsin in their finale, Mack said:
"The key was we won four in a row. The players bought in, and didn't listen to the criticism. ... (They) tried to focus on the positives. That's where this (year's) team was born." (HSA)

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20101130_McMackin_Ring_to_have_lot_of_bling.html

No comments:

Post a Comment